New Zealand Adventures

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Beauty of Little Children


Jeremiah and the kiddies-oh and hot Ephraim (but he's going on a mission so off limits)


Fern and Cordila-Bishop's nieces

Monique's nephew-LeBron-running to pummel me as I took this picture
I LOVE THIS KID!!

Since the wedding was only yesterday most of Bishop's nieces, nephews, brothers, and sisters were still in town, so after church was a little loud as 5 active children let off some steam. At first I was thinking, "Really, I would like to take a nap and get better from this cold, but how can I do that with the loud children running around," but as I was reading Anne of Green Gables and feeling of her enthusiasm for life and friends, and then watching Lebron, Fern, Mini, Malli, and Jeremiah run around chasing each other just put a huge smile on my face. Once Lebron came into our sleep-out I tickled him and just knew I had to run outside and take a picture of this fun scene. Children's joy is contagious, and I am so glad I caught it! As I was taking pictures of them and watching them squeal with delight and run around, I started to think about teaching. Sure, it is going to be a challenge to teach them at times, and hard work is coming my way, but, honestly, I am the luckiest girl in the world-I get to play all day with children and be around their wonderfully alive spirits.

1 comment:

  1. They do look like a lot of fun to be around. Glad you got involved and took their pictures!

    ReplyDelete