New Zealand Adventures

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Last Day in New Zealand


Sky Tower by night


Gotta love that a street is named after me :)

The Sky Tower


Rainbow nearby my house


I got caught in a rainstorm on Tuesday during my run, but there was this beautiful rainbow to cheer me up.

Well guys, this is it. The end is today. This last week has been relaxing: visiting Auckland city to say goodbye to a friend from the ward, getting last minute souvenirs, making more snickerdoodles, having fun with the family, and attending a Kapa Haka practice. It's also really sad as I've been packing and thinking about the reality that I am leaving. I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm not afraid for the future, but like all these girls have said, we need to choose faith over fear. Faith in myself, in the future, and in Christ. I've learned a lot here, conquered many fears, but still have unfinished goals for home, so that I can keep on improving. Thank you BYU and Dr. Jacobs for this amazing opportunity. Dr. Jacobs told us that those girls he picked to come for the 2011 group were those that he knew would need NZ and who NZ would need. I certainly needed NZ and I hope that NZ gained something from me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the people you met in New Zealand gained a lot from you, just as sure as I am that your future is bright and full of promise.

    ReplyDelete