New Zealand Adventures

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Less than a month to go!

So we had our last prep class this Tuesday and oh my goodness me I am so nervous, but so excited. To be honest, I was freaked out after the class because we got our flight tickets to Auckland and two girls came and told us what to pack for and expect, and I just got really scared. Almost to the point where I wanted to call the whole thing off. NO way though-this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am taking it! Also, there's no backing out now. Sure, it will be scary to live in a new area where I don't know many people, there are no dryers, the school system is different, and the culture isn't like here, but isn't that why I am going?! Dr. Jacobs, our director, is right, we are going to New Zealand to experience something new and expand our horizons. Just for kicks, here is my list of things to do before I depart from LA:

1. Take finals (pass them all)
2. Pack up all my belongings
3. Spend quality time with friends and family in Provo before I leave
4. Gorge out on American food so that I am so sick of it I will want to eat lots of New Zealand delicacies (actually, I'll want to do this anyway)
5. Run everyday so I won't feel guilty for gorging :)
6. Make a packing list for New Zealand!!! Take less than I ever plan!!!
7. Get traveler's bag
8. Make copies of passport and talk to bank about overseas purchases
9. Make contact with host family
10. Buy gift for host family

I am sure that is not all inclusive, but it's a start. At least I know that I have a few things to do...
I can't believe it is almost here!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Allison,
    I like number 3 and I better be included :D! Also, I'll help you with Numbers 4 and 5 for sure!!!
    Love, me

    ReplyDelete