New Zealand Adventures

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mission Bay

Thanks to the amazing work of Becca and Katie, many of us were able to go to Mission Bay via transport of the Auckland bus system. It was such a fun day! First, Kara and I walked to meet up with the 12 other girls who were going and we all went on the bus and found our way to Mission Bay-a beautiful area with this wonderful beach and lots of activities to do: shopping in the city, kayaking, biking, swimming, tanning, and eating. Unfortunatly my camera died a sad death and no matter how hard it tries to start again, I fear it's last breath has been spent. Luckily, the girls in my group are wonderful and were willing to take pictures of me and of the scenery to be posted up for later use. I definitely need to invest in a new camera though.

The best part of the day was when Kara and I went to kayak with a few of the other girls. It was so fun and I am excited for my arms to be sore :) I am so glad I spent the money to kayak with the other girls and just enjoy the warm New Zealand weather; I told Kara how lucky we are to be in the water and warm in New Zealand while all our friends are doing homework and watching snow. We both laughed over that. Poor people in the States...

I love this group of girls because we are so involved and wanting to explore, and to do it together. Dr. Jacobs told us that we are his favorite group he's taken on a study abroad because we are so united and willing to try new things and have fun together. It's true-at first I felt like an outsider, but really, when I stopped caring and just started being me, that was when the other girls were friendly and I wanted to be friendly. People are worth getting to know and giving the benefit of the doubt to.

I'll add pictures of the adventure later

That was the best part of the weekend, tomorrow Kara and I are going to teach the Relief Society lesson in church-hopefully that goes well :)

XOXO,
Allie

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're getting out there and trying new things! Not only will you come away with a lot of memories of New Zealand, but you'll come away with a great group of friends, too! I vote for getting the new camera (read my email, but don't wait for the U.S. Post Office or Customs).

    ReplyDelete