New Zealand Adventures

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1st Day in New Zealand

Hello Everyone!
I am here in the beautiful land of New Zealand and I survived the 13 hour flight from LA to Auckland. Not much sleep but that's okay, because I am safe and sound and Kara (my roommate) and I are getting settled in. I'll have to post pictures of our little bungalow (very cute) and start to unpack. It is beautiful weather here-warm with a light breeze and the scenery is gorgeous!! I love it! Just a quick post to say that I am well and excited to start my adventure here. It's funny, but once I skyped my parents that was the first sign of homesickness, but it's not bad. My host family, the Fitsumansu family are really nice and we get to meet the whole family tonight (Only Farran, the dad was at the airport because his wife and kids are getting back from Australia tonight). It will be exciting to meet the whole family tonight! But for now, I better unpack :)

2 comments:

  1. Allison! I am so glad you've made it safe and sound. I can't wait to read about all your adventures and learnings. Soak it all up!

    Catherine

    http://bradfordandcatherine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we made you homesick. Just forget about us till weekends and dive on into the whole experience. Love you!

    ReplyDelete