New Zealand Adventures

Friday, February 11, 2011

Sharing is Caring


All of us right before we went on the aeroplane!


Getting strapped up to go jump off a plane! I wasn't really nervous actually, maybe because only a day before I made the decision to jump, so I didn't have enough time to get scared. It worked-I really didn't get nervous til we went off in the air and then my professional jumper gave me high-fives and rubbed my shoulders and I just went and felt great! My favorite line from that adventure was when we were being trained on how to position our bodies before the jump. As one man said, "Think banana when you jump, the bigger the banana, the better the sky dive." I looked like a banana because my legs were pulled back and my face was pointed upward with my back arched, like a banana looks like before it is devoured by me :)


Murphy and I at the end of our journey


This is all of the girls plus James and JJ before we went on the shotover jet-very much like tubing but we were in a raft, not a tube. It was amazing!


After 2 hours of 16 girls sitting in a large circle with laptops, cameras, and cords, and sharing pictures with each other, I successfully got more pictures and some of them are of the skydiving expedition. Unfortunately there is none of me actually doing it because I didn't buy the video, but I promise I did it! Here are some of those pictures and a few other fun things for your pleasure :)

Skydiving-the before


Bunch of us girls doing the hoe-down throw down from Hannah Montana the Movie: yeah we are cool!



Oh man it has been a day, and it was good, but very long. I did visit the school I will be teaching at, Pomaria Primary school, and I found out from the principal, Kevin Choromanski, that we are expected to act as full time teachers, so I will be in the classroom every day except for Fridays, which we have off as a group, from 8:20 am to 3:15 pm, unless there are meetings, and then I'll be at school longer. It's going to be tiring, but I want this job right? I signed up for this and I am going to gain so much from being involved with the other teachers and the students, and the more I put in the more I'll get out. One thing I am excited for is that unlike Provo, we are expected to visit other classrooms and gain insight into how to teach ESL, music, or other grades. I don't have to just stay with my classroom, I can walk around and learn from other teachers. Good news, my students are 1st and 2nd graders, year 2/3 in New Zealand. I'm excited-I had a feeling I would be with the younger grades, so it's good. I'll keep you updated-next week I start. Adventure begin!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! First and Second Graders!! Perfect. You're going to be great. Just remember, you're the top banana now.

    ReplyDelete