New Zealand Adventures

Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Mama Told Me So

Hello Everybody!
Another great day at Pomaria, and I just love those kiddies of mine even more as the days go by. I am sad when I think that after this week I will only be with them for 3 more weeks, so I won't think about it and then I'll be happy :) The reason for this blog post is mostly for my loving Mama. At the staff meeting after school today we had an IT guy come in and give a lecture on how important it is to use visuals such as pictures and videos from youtube and online sites to supplement out teaching. Of course, all the teachers at Pomaria have the updated MacBook Pro, the 10.66, so there are a lot of gadgets such as iMovie and screen snapshot and an updated Quicktime player so that downloading movies and pictures are so much easier. Also, with the MacBook Pro teachers can share their findings by making an album in iMovie and iPhoto and then just a click, and BAM, they are sharing with their fellow teachers on a network. That way teachers can have access to lots of supplementary visuals for their students, and the best part is, they don't have to do all the work alone. Teachers really do beg, borrow, and steal. Don't judge us...we do so much for the children of the world, so we should get a little break, right ;)
So Mom, yes, I am pretty much converted to the Mac, but I still love my PC, it's been a great computer, but I think as a teacher, I should invest in a Mac. You are going to love that aren't you :)

1 comment: